• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Worried About Possibly Being Deported.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FeelingDown

Hi, I am a 21 Yr. old male living in Seattle, WA. I have recently been summoned to go to court next week for 3 Counts of Theft. 1st Degree Theft 1Count & 2cnd Degree Theft 2Counts.

I am still a permanent resident, and feel it may be too late for me to become an american citizen or ever become one. These are my first ever felonies, and I am scared for my life as to what may happen. I moved here from the Philippines at the age of 5, With just my mother & grandparents. So i've been living here for nearly 17 Years. I have hired an attorney, and he always tries to make me feel better about the situation, but I would like to gather some information from others who may know somone / or have experienced this situation before.

SHORTY LONG

Hi, I am a 21 Yr. old male living in Seattle, WA. I have recently been summoned to go to court next week for 3 Counts of Theft. 1st Degree Theft 1Count & 2cnd Degree Theft 2Counts.

I am still a permanent resident, and feel it may be too late for me to become an american citizen or ever become one. These are my first ever felonies, and I am scared for my life as to what may happen. I moved here from the Philippines at the age of 5, With just my mother & grandparents. So i've been living here for nearly 17 Years. I have hired an attorney, and he always tries to make me feel better about the situation, but I would like to gather some information from others who may know somone / or have experienced this situation before.
First, I am saddened that you cause a bad shadow to be casted upon other Filipinos that live here in the USA.

Since you have hired an Attorney which you should have, then, it is difficult to give you any free legal advice.
I will say, ask your Attorney if your crimes rise to the level of violating "Morale Turpitude." This is one
of the things that the Court and Homeland Security frown upon, thus, the main cause for deportation
other than being in the USA illegally! I do hope you come out of this OK, and bring no more shame upon your family.

Lastly, I hope you will go to School and get a good Education, and make your family proud.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">