• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

27 paydays this year

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mbmiles

What is the name of your state? IL

I work in a large hospital in central illinois. we get paid every other week. next year there will be 27 paydays instead of 26. i have been told by the other staff there, that when this happens they will adjust our salaries so it will even out at the end of the year which means I will get less every payday. i was hired on salary and am exempt but do clock in and out every day. every other place i have worked in other states did not use this practice and we all just got another pay day. Can they do this?

matt

M

mbmiles

#1 i dont think the company is going to tell me if what they are doing is illegal !

#2 i have tried the state labor dept and got transfered around so many times i gave up..................hence my coming here!

stephenk

who are the reliable sources that told you your pay would be reduced because of the extra pay week?

Why dont you wait till you get your first check in January 2004 and if it is less than your last check in 2003, complain.

ShyCat

I'd think it would depend on if your salary is figured as an annual amount or as a bi-weekly amount.

If your annual salary is $26,000 per year, for example, it's $26,000 total for the year whether it's paid weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly or monthly. For 26 pay periods, that would be $1000 per paycheck. For 27 pay periods, that would be $962.96 per paycheck.

That's different than "$1000 every two weeks". If the year ended up with 25 pay periods, would you expect to receive only $25,000 that year?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">