• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

40 hours per week

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

skibo

undefined
What is the name of your state? Arizona
My wife had a full-time position, 40 hours per week and the company stated in their hand book that full time was 36 hours. A new manager came in and cut her hours to 22 hours and a part-timer was making more hours than her. I read your other messages about switching the schedule was legal and according to the people it was. Is there a law stating that she has certain hours as full-time? We know she was discriminated and the boss treated her terrible.

I forgot to tell you that, other full time employees were getting the 40 hours and she was not. Also she was the only minority full time employee. Do We have a case?

Last edited:

Beth3

Is there a law stating that she has certain hours as full-time? Nope.
It's up to the employer to decide what work schedule constitutes full time status.

We know she was discriminated and the boss treated her terrible. Unless she's being treated less favorably BECAUSE of her age (if over 40), race, religion, gender, national origin, handicap, pregnancy, etc., then this is not prohibited discrimination. Additionally, no laws require the boss to be nice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">