• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

7 months pregnant, wasn't laid off or fired, hadn't quit,but...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redwoodbeauty

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I had worked for the same employer for over a year as a housekeeper when I had gotten pregnant.
I had planned on working up until my doctor had said I shouldn't.
Our schedules at work would change frequently so we were always advised to call before a shift to make sure nothing had changed. well just about every day i called to work they told me they didn't need me. One incident they had called my co worker (and friend) who was on-call to have her work instead of me.
I called and came into work several times after that and was told to stay home and take care of myself for the babys sake.Note that they do not have insurance for their workers. So was I laid off for being pregnant? or what? i was given no paperwork, no notification, no "your fired". But was notified by unemplyoment that my employer stated that i quit. Why would I quit my job when I need it the most? SO where do I stand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">