• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accused of Sexual Harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jaf

What is the name of your state?
CA (County of Santa Clara).
I am a Worklife Coach in private practice. A male client has been accused by a female co-worker of "sexual harassment." The female employee has made this accusation to their (mutual) manager; the manager has advised the male of the accusation, telling the male that there will be an investigation; he was given no other information or guidance on next steps, timelines, or responsibilities on the male's part. These individuals are employees of the County of Santa, and I believe belong to a union. This client wishes at this point to continue in his position with the County. These employees had a consenual relationship/sexual/dating that did not end well. She ended it. He claims he has moved on (with emotional difficulty) and stays away from her as best he can at work (they are on the same team); makes no attempts to contact outside of work. I have advised my client to immediately seek employment counsel specializing in sexual harassment. I want to be better understand the gravity of the situation this client is in and what legal or administrative remedies he has available to him; what he should do/not do (behaviors, steps) at this juncture. I do not plan to "advise" him in this area because I am not licensed to practice law. Please help me understand what would be good next steps he should take in this situation to protect himself; what other resources I can point him to. Thank you.

HomeGuru

jaf said:
What is the name of your state?
CA (County of Santa Clara).
I am a Worklife Coach in private practice. A male client has been accused by a female co-worker of "sexual harassment." The female employee has made this accusation to their (mutual) manager; the manager has advised the male of the accusation, telling the male that there will be an investigation; he was given no other information or guidance on next steps, timelines, or responsibilities on the male's part. These individuals are employees of the County of Santa, and I believe belong to a union. This client wishes at this point to continue in his position with the County. These employees had a consenual relationship/sexual/dating that did not end well. She ended it. He claims he has moved on (with emotional difficulty) and stays away from her as best he can at work (they are on the same team); makes no attempts to contact outside of work. I have advised my client to immediately seek employment counsel specializing in sexual harassment. I want to be better understand the gravity of the situation this client is in and what legal or administrative remedies he has available to him; what he should do/not do (behaviors, steps) at this juncture. I do not plan to "advise" him in this area because I am not licensed to practice law. Please help me understand what would be good next steps he should take in this situation to protect himself; what other resources I can point him to. Thank you.
**A: advise him to hire an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">