• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

accused of sexual harrasment with phone calls

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pmblom

montana. i was recently accused of making a prank phone call to the residence life office in the dorms on the campus of the college i attend. the phone call was merely a joke, not to be taken as sexual harrasment. i made a call using celeb voices on the net and the lady who was working traced the call to my room. during the convo there was the voice of a celeb who told the lady he did lots of "cock pushups." this lady took offence and marched down immediately to my room and started screaming at me. she took my phone from my room also and told me i wouldnt be getting it back. it was a personal phone which i paid for. she said she is taking this matter up with the dean. what the hell should i do to get her to drop it and to leave me alone?:(

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
There is nothing whatsoever you can do to make her drop it and leave you alone without getting yourself into even worse trouble. It doesn't matter a damn that you didn't mean it as sexual harassment; the law looks at the effect on the victim, not the intent of the harasser.

Beth3

It was a stupid prank. Sorry but you're going to have to face the consequences.

What you SHOULD do is apologize profusely and hope she accepts your apology and relents.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">