• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ADA Accomodation/Supervisor Harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rhiannasilel

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland

I am being treated for severe anxiety and major depression and am seeking FML/ADA accommodations from my employer. I have a meeting tomorrow at 4 pm with our HR department regarding my request and will be submitting the paperwork from my doctor at that time. My supervisor keeps pushing for me to have a "review meeting" to discuss a "employee time off procedures" and "my schedule" and keeps insisting that I have this meeting prior to my meeting with HR despite the fact that I have advised him i refuse to sign or agree to anything in light of my pending request for a flexible schedule and telecommuting as a part of my ADA accommodation. My requests to delay the meeting until after review of my ADA request have been repeatedly ignored and I am afraid that this meeting could jeopardize my accommodation request.

As a bit of additional background, prior to getting sick I had a flexible schedule with telecommuting and have had this removed. Since becoming ill, my schedule went from flexible to stringent and I have been forced to take PTO for things I was previously allowed to handle via a flexible schedule. I have been with the organization for 2 1/2 years and this is the first time they have ever requested a meeting to review time off procedures or hours. Additionally, I have spoken with other members of my department and I am the only one being forced to have this "review". I'm not sure what to do? I keep trying to tell them I do not feel it's appropriate to have this meeting prior to my ADA meeting with HR and my requests are denied or ignored. Please advise. TIA!

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I'm afraid I don't see why it matters which order the two meetings come in. Surely there is no clear detriment to meeting with your supervisor first that I can see.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">