• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ADA Monkeyshines

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

monab1

What is the name of your state? Work in MO, Live in IL
I was in a car accident 1997, received SS disability, finished my IT degree so now I'm 40 and in my first IT job. Many medical docs.
Was hired 8/91 by large corporation, declared disabilty and requested handicapped parking.
First day of work I found handicapped parking was actually two blocks away from my desk.
Found it to be too much so supervisor allowed me to work from home one day per week and alternate tasks within the group.
Group reorganized and was assigned new team lead and supervisor. I was not allowed to move to the group that was getting the alternate tasks and was no longer allowed to work from home. My new team lead met with me to tell me that I was expected to produce and to do what I needed to do regarding the disability.
I filed an accommodation request and three months later, 11/92, it was denied without comment. Escalated the request to vp and now going slowwwly through process. I'm in pain.
Extremely social group and I've been ostracized. I believe I will be layed off. Feedback please?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">