• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

American Disabilities Act, use of state Doctors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

ragsy

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

Hello;
I have applied to the ADA due to having an epilepsy disability. I have been sucessful under the current medicine and Hope to continue wroking for another 3 years so that I can retire sucessfully. My employers have suggested that I visit a state Doctor in order to see if I can still perform my duties at my current position as a programmer/analyst with the state of new jersey. I have been 22 years within state employment.

My question is this. What is the impact of the State Doctor's part in this decision making. Can He actually tell personnel that I am/I am not qualified to work anymore or does he hand his report to the personnel dept for them to evaluate this and determine what to do to accomidate me. Should I bring documentation to the doctor'swith me?
If I am proven to have a disability that comes under ADA, Can I refuse to follow any of the accomodations decided on by personnel and offer one myself?
I was told that of the accomodations that are possible from Personnel, There are some that are only for insobordinate personnel and should not be used in my present case?

Thank you Don Rago

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">