• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bad Ex boss

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sharkattack99

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

well the problem i am having is i was fired from my job and the owners son who is the general manager there, is being a butt head about it putting it nicly see i live in a small town, his first attempt at harrassment was he posted it up on facebook didn't mention names but like i said i live in a small town and they didn't employ but like 3 ppl at a time so it wouldn't take them very long to figure it out, i even saw a comment on there that one of his friends said "you should have let me shoot him" replyed back with an lol and maybe next time. now hes going around town and telling ppl that why i was fired from there, he told a place that i applied to why so i won't be hearing from them and i don't know how many others he told about it either, as far as im conserned it doesn't matter why i was fired what hes doing is wrong and i was hoping someone could give me some legal advise thanks. hope i explained that good enough

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

well the problem i am having is i was fired from my job and the owners son who is the general manager there, is being a butt head about it putting it nicly see i live in a small town, his first attempt at harrassment was he posted it up on facebook didn't mention names but like i said i live in a small town and they didn't employ but like 3 ppl at a time so it wouldn't take them very long to figure it out, i even saw a comment on there that one of his friends said "you should have let me shoot him" replyed back with an lol and maybe next time. now hes going around town and telling ppl that why i was fired from there, he told a place that i applied to why so i won't be hearing from them and i don't know how many others he told about it either, as far as im conserned it doesn't matter why i was fired what hes doing is wrong and i was hoping someone could give me some legal advise thanks. hope i explained that good enough

If all he is doing is telling the truth, you have no case whatsoever for anything at all.

If he's telling lies, you may have recourse - but it's not likely to be practical for you.

So, why exactly why you fired and what is he telling people?

sharkattack99

If all he is doing is telling the truth, you have no case whatsoever for anything at all.

If he's telling lies, you may have recourse - but it's not likely to be practical for you.

So, why exactly why you fired and what is he telling people?
the reason i was fired was i had forgot to turn in a 5 dollar bill that the owner planted just forgot about it he was pushing me to hurry up hurry up you should be done by now, and i plain forgot when he mentioned it, it was to late so i was fired for breaking one of there rules thats why i was fired from the job that was the reason which is fine i did break it even though i forgot it, hes tell them that i was stealing from them. but like you said it my hurt me more then it helps me.

i did turn it in i didn't keep it i had no intentions of keeping it by the way.

Last edited:

Proserpina

the reason i was fired was i had forgot to turn in a 5 dollar bill that the owner planted just forgot about it he was pushing me to hurry up hurry up you should be done by now, and i plain forgot when he mentioned it, it was to late so i was fired for breaking one of there rules thats why i was fired from the job that was the reason which is fine i did break it even though i forgot it, hes tell them that i was stealing from them. but like you said it my hurt me more then it helps me.

i did turn it in i didn't keep it i had no intentions of keeping it by the way.

So...you did take the 5 dollar bill?

And he's simply repeating that to others?

He's doing nothing wrong or illegal.

So you were terminated for theft and you wonder why your former employer is upset with you?

Be glad they didn't call the police. You only turned the money in "when he mentioned it." Otherwise I doubt they would have ever recovered it. What gave him cause to be suspicious of you in the first place? Receipts a little lower than usual??

Time to move: if the town is as small as you say no employer is going to touch you with a 10 foot pole.

sharkattack99

yes i picked it up had every intention of turning it in too, didn't was to loose it for only 5 bucks but i forgot about it.

well see if an employer i have applied to called and asked about me how i worked there and what not and it came up as to why he let me go thats one thing but when the son is purposely going around and telling them is what im upset about cause frankly its no ones business but mine and my former employer when it comes up as part of a follow up or refeance ok thats fine but doing it so i can't even have a chance i feel is wrong but i guess its time to look else were then. the boss isn't the one telling everbody they know it his son the "general" manager thats doing it.

Proserpina

yes i picked it up had every intention of turning it in too, didn't was to loose it for only 5 bucks but i forgot about it.

well see if an employer i have applied to called and asked about me how i worked there and what not and it came up as to why he let me go thats one thing but when the son is purposely going around and telling them is what im upset about cause frankly its no ones business but mine and my former employer when it comes up as part of a follow up or refeance ok thats fine but doing it so i can't even have a chance i feel is wrong but i guess its time to look else were then.

No, it's not just yours and your former employer's business.

But yes, it's time to look for a new job.

sharkattack99

well i thought it was till they asked oh well i still think its wrong but thanks for the advise

guess i will just look in a closer town for work i suppose

Sure you did and you never stole a dime from their either the entire time you worked there right?

You want us to believe that your boss is an irrational nut who thought a perfectly honest person was stealing, set up a "honey-pot" and just so happened to catch you in a moment of forgetfulness? Please. How many other times did you "forget?"

its no ones business but mine and my former employer
Wrong, it's everybody's business. In fact, they should have prosecuted you criminally so that future employers would have a better chance of sussing out your character before hiring you with a criminal conviction on your record.

sharkattack99

nope first time and i wasn't the only one that had forgotten either but he wasn't fired hes still working there.

hey you can beleive what you want i had a question it got answered now i know nuff said you don't know me or all the sercum stances so your attacking me for no reason

CourtClerk

I'm wondering if the other reason why you're having a problem finding employment is your obvious lack of education. Your spelling of very basic words is deplorable.

Proserpina

I'm wondering if the other reason why you're having a problem finding employment is your obvious lack of education. Your spelling of very basic words is deplorable.

I betcha if he's calling the boss a butt-head here, he's done it there, too.

That likely wouldn't help too much, either. ;)

sharkattack99

well true sometimes my spelling is great i know that

no i haven't talked to them since i was let go have no reason too. and most likely never will.

commentator

Regardless of how small your town is, you can still file for unemployment benefits when you are terminated. If the employer does not have a valid misconduct reason to fire you, in other words, valid PROOF you stole the $5, you very well may get approved. If you are approved, it will look good to future employers, because they will be able to understand that your employer may have fired you, it's legal to fire for just about anything, but he didn't really have the goods on you. If you're fired and you don't even apply for unemployment, aren't willing to fight it out in that arena makes it sound like you're guilty as charged, you know it, your employer and his son both know it, and he's doing something totally legal, telling the truth about your termination.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">