• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

basic slander/defamation etc.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SpicyMeatball

What is the name of your state? NY

Hello,

Would a written statement such as:

It is my opinion that I saw Joe screwing a cow on March 31st at the west field in Springfield.

Be considered slander, libel, or defamation?

Thanks,
Spicy

Beth3

Depends who said it, why they said it, whether they believe Joe did in fact screw the cow, and whether Joe suffered any damages as a result.

S

SpicyMeatball

thanks

Thanks, I had wantd to create a website where people can post pictures of thier bosses and then post gripes about them, because frankly there are alot of bosses who deserve it, and it has the potential to be a good outlet for people trapped in crappy jobs. But I dont want to get sued, especially because the booses are the ones with the money and lawyers to sue me.

Oh well, next idea.

Thanks
Spicy

HomeGuru

SpicyMeatball said:
What is the name of your state? NY

Hello,

Would a written statement such as:

It is my opinion that I saw Joe screwing a cow on March 31st at the west field in Springfield.

Be considered slander, libel, or defamation?

Thanks,
Spicy

**A: it's BS.

S

SpicyMeatball

another idea

*I posted this allready but there are other poeple ansering in this thread.*

What if it was a web site where you can put in your bosses name/company and rate them as a boss from 1-10 in different categories?

Beth3

And what if employers decided to put a web site together and post pictures of those they consider "employees from hell," express their opinions about them and rate them in various categories of how awful they were? (I have plenty of candidates.) Those pictured would be screaming bloody murder about that and wanting to know if they could sue.

I suggest you apply your creative juices to some other endeavor. Stuff like this always backfires.

S

SpicyMeatball

dead horse

Okay okay I will leave it alone. Besides I already found a web site similiar - dumbboss.com. Oh well.

Thanks for the advice
Spicy

HomeGuru

Re: dead horse

SpicyMeatball said:
Okay okay I will leave it alone. Besides I already found a web site similiar - dumbboss.com. Oh well.

Thanks for the advice
Spicy
**A: Grow up and leave us alone too.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">