• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

being accused of sexual harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

X

XxGizmoxX

About 3 days ago,I was accused of comitting sexual harassment at work. When my boss told me this I was completely shocked. I had no idea of were he got his information and if he had proof. When I had tried to ask him about the complaint, he kept interupting me by stating "I(my boss) do not want to hear about it." Today he made me sign a written paper stating that I am on a 6 months probation period with a possibilty of termination. I still have no idea why I am being accused with such a complaint. Do I have the legal right to know what my boss has as proof and also do I have the right to know who has placed the complaint against me and why. Please help, thank you.

B

buddy2bear

Yes. You have a right to know. If you don't know what you supposedly did, how can you make sure you don't do it again? Looks like your company did not adequately investigate this complaint and obviously doesn't know how to handle it. I suggest you talk to a labor and employment attorney PDQ.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">