• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Boss calls me on days off

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iag2hm

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC
I work part time and my boss calls me frequently at home to complain about my performance. It is always something very picky and non-urgent. I am a diligent worker and often stay after hours to complete tasks. I have been with the company for years and she has always done this but lately it has gotten much worse. I feel as if I can't enjoy my time off b/c she makes negative phone calls nearly every day off. What should I do?

If I don't answer, she leaves me a message to call her ASAP and says it is important. Am I legally obligated to call her back? This happens 2-3 times a week. It is been time sensitive only one time when she asked me to cover for her due to sickness. All other times are nit picky and ridiculous things.

Last edited:

Antigone*

I work part time and my boss calls me frequently at home to complain about my performance. It is always something very picky and non-urgent. I am a diligent worker and often stay after hours to complete tasks. I have been with the company for years and she has always done this but lately it has gotten much worse. I feel as if I can't enjoy my time off b/c she makes negative phone calls nearly every day off. What should I do?
Do not answer the phone :rolleyes:

Banned_Princess

How about you stop answering those calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">