Closed Thread
    iag2hm is offline Junior Member

Boss calls me on days off

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC
    I work part time and my boss calls me frequently at home to complain about my performance. It is always something very picky and non-urgent. I am a diligent worker and often stay after hours to complete tasks. I have been with the company for years and she has always done this but lately it has gotten much worse. I feel as if I can't enjoy my time off b/c she makes negative phone calls nearly every day off. What should I do?

If I don't answer, she leaves me a message to call her ASAP and says it is important. Am I legally obligated to call her back? This happens 2-3 times a week. It is been time sensitive only one time when she asked me to cover for her due to sickness. All other times are nit picky and ridiculous things.
    Last edited by iag2hm; 03-01-2010 at 09:30 PM.
    Antigone* is offline Senior Member
    In honor of JetX ~ Somnambulist University
    Quote Originally Posted by iag2hm View Post
    I work part time and my boss calls me frequently at home to complain about my performance. It is always something very picky and non-urgent. I am a diligent worker and often stay after hours to complete tasks. I have been with the company for years and she has always done this but lately it has gotten much worse. I feel as if I can't enjoy my time off b/c she makes negative phone calls nearly every day off. What should I do?
    Do not answer the phone
    Banned_Princess is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iag2hm View Post
    How about you stop answering those calls.