• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Boss shows off guns at work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eerelations

Unless the guns are unregistered, loaded and he is pointing them at people in a threatening manner, I suspect that it is perfectly legal for your boss to show them to his employees. You will need to provide quite a bit more information to us if you believe that what he's doing is illegal.

(BTW I recently had a boss who hunted. He knew that I am a cat person but in spite of this, he used to bring the skins of wildcats he'd killed - legally - in to work specifically to show me. Nothing illegal about this, so my only legal recourse was to quit. So I did. :D)

Silverplum

Good for you, ee! :) I hope you're enjoying your new job. Or maybe you retired, and are lounging on the beach with Rico on margarita service standby! :D

commentator

I once scheduled meeting at plant in Michigan. Was told by all the plant management and most of the staff, "Well, you can come that week, but I won't be there. It's the first week of hunting season." It's a culture. Unless you are being directly threatened, and that generally because of an EEOC protected reason, "I use this gun to shoot left handed Lithuanians only!" and you're one, there's probably not a lot there.

eerelations

Good for you, ee! :) I hope you're enjoying your new job. Or maybe you retired, and are lounging on the beach with Rico on margarita service standby! :D
Thanks! This happened a little over two years ago, and I retired at that time. (The cat skins thing wasn't the only issue with him, it was just the last straw. And the icing on the cake is, he knew exactly why I was retiring and went beserk with apologies and begging me to stay He - and the BoD! - knew I'd done a lot to make his company a much better place to work for and attract all kinds of great qualified people, he just had a hard time living with my liberal non-racist non-religious fundamentalist 'tude. But I held firm and retired anyway.) I have been living in Mexico for the last two years now and indeed, the margaritas be good here. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">