• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Break Rooms?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Bazooka

What is the name of your state? Wyoming
At my place of employment only a few people have access to a break room. We have been told that if we are caught in this room then we will be fired immediatly. I was wondering if there is any law that makes employers have a break room available. And if there is could you tell me where to find proof of this so i can get this policy changed.
Thanks

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
There is no law that employers must supply a break room.
As far as that is concerned, you're out of luck.

It MAY be illegal for them to allow only certain employees to access it. It is exceedingly unlikely that this will get you anywhere, but just to cover all bases, which employees are allowed to access it and which are not?

B

Bazooka

only managers are allowed in because the break room doubled as a counting office. I think you are right that i will not get anywhere but i had to check. Thanks again

HomeGuru

Bazooka said:
only managers are allowed in because the break room doubled as a counting office. I think you are right that i will not get anywhere but i had to check. Thanks again

**A: what is a counting office? Is it like an accounting office where money is accounted for? Or a counting office that counts the number of managers in the break room break dancing?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No, that would not be illegal. You're out of luck. Sorry.

BTW, after checking further, it appears that not only is there no requirement that employers provide break rooms, in your state employers are not even required to provide breaks.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">