• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

business interfearence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

superal

What is the name of your state? WA

My ex employer (of six months ago) is blaming the loss of a client on an email I wrote in August. When I decided to leave the company I had several personal clients that I worked with day in and day out. I created a general email in which I sent to my closest clients. In the email I notified these clients that I was leaving the company because "the company was headed in a different direction than I was." I never received anything but thank you's from those clients. I told them that I hoped the company served them well in the future and who there new contact was. Since then a client has left the firm and blames there leaving on the email they received. This client was also obtained from an ex business partner and they were fighting over the rights to them when I chose to leave the company. My ex employer is now threatening to sue me for her loss of business and also call my new employer and let them know that I am a rat. She calls my email "business interfearence"!

Does she have a case? Should I be concerned that I did in fact interfear?

JETX

"Does she have a case?"
*** That would depend on the full contents of any communication and its interpretation.

"Should I be concerned that I did in fact interfear?"
*** No. But you might be concerned that you might have INTERFERED in the business. In reality though, there is little chance that she would actually pursue legal action against you (due to costs and ordeal), but she may decide to contact your employer. I would suggest you either contact your current employer first with the facts and prevent any possible damage from the former.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">