• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

buyout

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Lanae

I have a discrimination suit against my employer. My attorney informed me that the employer has offered a buyout if a I agree to quit. I've been employed with this company for over 28 yrs. He did explain to me about buyouts and that a 4 yr salary payment was the maximum he has ever heard a company agreeing to pay. We then decided to go to them with 5 yrs. Does anyone know if there is a limit you can ask for in a buyout and also does anyone know why an employer with a discrimination suit against them would offer this type of settlement when I assumed buyouts are offered by companies that are downsizing for economic reasons and not to resolve a lawsuit. Thanks in advance for any information regarding this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">