• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I do anything?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tomtom61

What is the name of your state? Georgia
I recently started a new job (Oct 02) as asst maintenance supervisor of a big outlet mall. I noticed some wrongdoings shortly after I started and it's only gotten worse. My supervisor and the administrative assistant are husband and wife, the only other management is myself and the mall manager, who is a 27 yr old woman. They take off every chance they get that the manager is not there,I have caught them stealing supplies, we hardly have any tools (the supervisor has them all in his truck toolbox and says they are his)they are very abusive to other employees,including myself, and after having a talk with the mall manager have discovered they have impersonated her over the phone, her check book has been stolen and money has been stolen from a charity fund that they were collecting money for.They brag all the time about having so much pull from someone high up on the corporate ladder, and the mall manager finally told me she has been told they are not going anywhere, she even broke into tears on me and said she had no control over them.Now they are harrassing me about little things like wearing a radio and pager, and had me sign a pager stating I would do so from now on, and that from now on,any problems I am to report to him,any extra work I am to recieve from him, in other words I am not to associate with the mall manager at all, everything is through him.....I want to just leave but don't want a record of job hopping as i've not been here long, and jobs are hard to find right now. Is there anything else i can do?

H

hmmbrdzz

You want to leave, and you would much rather have a record of job hopping than a record of having been fired. My advice -- get another job.

hmmbrdzz

Beth3

If the mall manager has decided she won't address or report the criminal and other inappropriate behavior of these two individuals, there's not much you can do about it. Nothing they are doing in how they are treating you is unlawful.

Find another job asap. Better you have a short stint there than get caught up in the way these two operate and have any of that reflect upon you. Speaking as a hiring executive, one brief stay at one place of employment is easily explained. Many individuals have had the experience that they discovered a job/work environment turned out to be miserable after they started. As long as you don't have a series of short stints of employment, you'll be fine.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">