• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can my Employer search me or my purse?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

novagymnast8

Do you bring your car battery with you also? The "do not want to get the battery too hot/cold" thing is just rubbish.

In Indiana, the temperature does not get cold or hot enough to actually damage Li-Ion batteries due to use or storage. Charging Li-Ion batteries at extreme temperatures is harmful, but the charger is supposed to check the battery's temperature before/during charging and not go outside the allowed temperature.

The battery connectors on the typical phone battery are designed to be connected/disconnected only a few dozen times. If you remove/install them daily, you will end up with a dead or unreliable battery after a few weeks due to failed connectors.

Removing the battery causes the phone to loose track of the battery's charge state (the phone completely dies when the battery is removed). Normally, a battery is not re-charged till its charge drops to 80% However, when a phone sees a new battery, it has no idea how much charge is in it and so it charges it till the battery is full. Doing that once or twice in a battery's life is not a big deal. But routinely topping off a battery that does not need it is a sure way to kill its capacity.
I appreciate the battery info......but everyone I know still charges their phones every two days. OH, and do you live in IN? January 18, we were at
-18 degrees below zero. I can't believe how this thread has gotten so off topic....

CourtClerk

I appreciate the battery info......but everyone I know still charges their phones every two days.
Call me crazy, but I charge my phone every night. NEVER do I have to take the battery out to do so... so what's your point?

20pilot was speaking of the battery connectors from the battery to the phone.

People, this one is just obtuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">