• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can my employer search my car or purse?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

csi7

I keep an entire emergency change of clothes in my vehicle.
Two of the agencies I worked for had body searches upon entry and exit of the facilities for every single shift, and if you left for meal breaks, you were subject to searches as well.
Vehicles are subject to search at any time.
At one place, while I was being interviewed, my vehicle received a visual check out and the photos sent to the interviewer.
Limit the items in your purse to actual necessities needed during work hours, and keep your personal supplies in a locked container not visible in your vehicle if you need to.

eerelations

Limit the items in your purse to actual necessities needed during work hours, and keep your personal supplies in a locked container not visible in your vehicle if you need to.
Oh please. Most people limit the contents of their purses to what they need/think they need during the workday, and many of those items are "actual necessities." And what about people who don't drive to work, where are they supposed to store this "locked container" (which is what, anyway? a portable safe? a tupperware container wrapped in bungee cords? what?) thing - at the bus stop?

LdiJ

Oh please. Most people limit the contents of their purses to what they need/think they need during the workday, and many of those items are "actual necessities." And what about people who don't drive to work, where are they supposed to store this "locked container" (which is what, anyway? a portable safe? a tupperware container wrapped in bungee cords? what?) thing - at the bus stop?
Most women I know keep their entire lives in their purse...jus saying.

xylene

Leave your weed / illegal handguns at home and you will be fine.

Seriously, this sounds like a mountain over a molehole.

Guess what - the entire human race already knows women keep tampons in their pursues.

Men keep preparation h in their first aid kit...

If your employer is searching you to embarrass you over that... quit.

If there is a legit reason - and as an employee you should know if there is - then well... you have answered your question.

justalayman

Men keep preparation h in their first aid kit...
Well, not all men.

Strangely curious what that would be for. I mean, I know what prep H is for but for some reason, I just cannot imagine it being in a first aid kit, well, unless it is a first aid kit for prisoners:eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">