• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can't promote in my company because I can't guarantee 5 years commitment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

The preview button is broken. Please resubmit your message without using the preview function.
There IS no preview feature anymore when you start a thread. That feature was removed (although you can preview other posts).

The threads that are missing content upon submission are missing content for some other reason ... but what that some other reason is, is a mystery.

Warkyx

The preview button is broken. Please resubmit your message without using the preview function.
Thanks, here's my situation.

I asked more information about a job position in my own company to the head of the department and she told me at first I don't qualify due to experience. Problem was she didn't stop there; she told me she knows I'm a military spouse and I might move soon and they are looking for a 5 year commitment. She then started asking my age and if I was going to have any kids (I'm guessing to make sure even if I stay I don't request maternity leave).

A colleague reported this to HR and they did an investigation; they said that her intent wasn't malicious and they are not going to "punish" her.

What are my choices here? Should I look for an attorney?

Thank you

Warkyx

There IS no preview feature anymore when you start a thread. That feature was removed (although you can preview other posts).

The threads that are missing content upon submission are missing content for some other reason ... but what that some other reason is, is a mystery.
Wow, I wouldn't expect that behavior :eek:

Warkyx

What behavior?

You said you previewed your original post on submission and you could not have used a "preview post" button to do so. There is no preview post button.
The behavior of previewing and the system replaces with original message the whole thing

EDIT: I just noticed there's a difference between desktop view and mobile view. I was using mobile.

Last edited:

Warkyx

Really, what on earth do you mean by this question?

Edit: You posted before I did. But I still don't know what you mean.
From mobile there's a preview button for new threads. I clicked on it, read the whole thing and clicked post button. Then I realized the system replaced the text with "original" message.

Warkyx

Regarding your original question, your employer hasn't broken any laws, so you have no legal issue.
To my understanding, they have used my personal life as an excuse of not promoting me, not either let me apply for it.

Thank you for your response.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
From mobile there's a preview button for new threads.
You *may* have just solved a long-running problem around here. Thanks for the information. It could be the mobile side that's having problems!

Warkyx

You *may* have just solved a long-running problem around here. Thanks for the information. It could be the mobile side that's having problems!
LOL glad to help. I noticed the difference when I switch to desktop, I don't have that option anymore. Might be a good idea for the webadmin to delete that button or add a warning hehe.

Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">