• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car salesman

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justalayman

Cbg, honestly...I don't really know. I'm trying to get advice as to whether I SHOULD take action or drop it. If they did any damage to my credit, I'd appreciate that fixed. Other than that, nothing.
There is no should here. It's simply a matter of wanting to or not. It appears you are comfortable letting it go. I would suggest you do just that because that appears to be what you want to do.

justalayman

LDIJ, yes. What is the difference between an unsolicited dick pic and exposing oneself in person? I've wondered the same thing.
If nothing else, the fear of the in offender taking some further action while the guy in the pic obviously cannot do anything further. To me, the in person situation can cause harm as, especially when a woman victims, there can be a fear of molestation or even rape. That can be traumatic and could result in the need for medical treatment. With a picture one can simply delete it.

Cav4

Well, funny this...just got a call from the corporate office and apparently they're launching their own legal investigation. They tracked the other number and apparently it is a number that is used by an app that allows you to change your number. From what I gather, they feel he has a habit of this.

According to corporate, it is a very, very serious offense. They actually have records of the texts, so they know what was said and his method. They said they'll be contacting me again Tuesday with resolution and/or ongoing action if needed.

So that makes me feel better.

Yes, Justalayman, I CAN simply delete his penis from my phone. But I cannot delete my address, phone number, SSN, license plate, and VIN number from his.

I also cannot delete the credit check, the humiliation, and the harassment that came with how he went about this.

If he had just sent me a picture of his penis, it would be a different story. It took me 17 emails to send through all the pictures of the text messages. It was very detailed and very planned out and he was attempting to exploit me sexually by trying to trick me. How many other women has he been successful with and managed to convince it was accidental? He wasn't just sharing his Johnson with me.

I'm happy now to let corporate handle it.

Cav4

I cannot delete it from his IF he saved them, for the record. I was not dumb enough to send that info via text, it was done over the phone.

Cav4

And in hindsight, I will not be doing that again. lol. This is my first time applying for a car loan and I just trusted the guy to be honest. Lesson learned.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Cbg, honestly...I don't really know. I'm trying to get advice as to whether I SHOULD take action or drop it. If they did any damage to my credit, I'd appreciate that fixed. Other than that, nothing.
Quite honestly, that's what I hoped to hear. If they hadn't fired him, that would be one thing. But where they've already fired the guy, I think you're best served by dropping it.

I hadn't read your last couple posts when I hit send, so I'm just going to add one thing. IF Corporate wants your cooperation in their investigation, I would give it. Obviously they are taking this quite seriously and intend to follow through. I think you will feel better, if you're given the opportunity to participate, in helping them take action against him. But now I really don't think there's any need for you to take any further action on your own.

Oh, and I don't recall if anyone has suggested this or not, but just for security's sake, make a report to the Big Three credit bureaus. Just to be on the safe side.

Last edited:

Cav4

Thank you, CBG. Yes, I will definitely be cooperative and I feel a huge sense of relief that they're willing to get to the bottom of it.

Now to find a car salesman who just wants to sell a car and not his genitals! Haha.

I do hope the guy learned his lesson and if he has some bad habit of trying to sexually exploit people, he'll rethink his behavior and get some help. It's obviously negatively affecting his life.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">