• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

change in employment terms

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jd101

What is the name of your state? GA,

When my employer hired me, he stated that he would pay me mileage at $.32 / mile, and re-imburse cell phone and normal business lunch expenses.

This lasted about two months, and he then capped my mileage, capped my cell phone expense and started cutting back on my business lunches (I usually only buy 2 - 3 per month at $10 - $15 per lunch for my client and myself.)

I am spending a fortune now financing his business for him. My mileage usually runs 3 - 4 k per month, cell phone averages $100 per month more than he reimburses. I am getting ready to leave the job and want to know do I have an avenue of recourse here??

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

jd101

Beth3

Your recourse is to find another job that won't cost you as much.

Unless you can prove that your employer knowingly and purposefully lied to you during the recruiting phase to induce you to accept the offer, then you have no basis to bring a claim. The terms of your employment ARE subject to change. If they weren't, nobody would ever get a pay raise or a promotion.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">