• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Class Action Suit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Lane P

I live in the state of Alabama. I worked for a company 26 years and was around asbestos, all kinds of acids, nickel, copper, iron, cobalt powders,pcbs etc. We also worked in radioactive materials, however we the workers didn't know the danger of any of it, and we weren't given protective equipment the first 15 years we worked in it. To make a long story short, we have had 35 people, out of 150 workforce, contract some form of cancer, mostly lung. I have just been diagnosed with congestive heart failure, and only 64% capacity lung flow.I was asked how long I have been smoking,my lungs were so bad, I have never smoked a day in my life. The remaining employees have filed a class action lawsuit against this company, because of proof of dumping illegal substances in the ground and a nearby stream. My question is the lawyer who took this class action charged each person 125.00 each to get on the lawsuit. I might be wrong but I thought a class action was if you didn't win the law firm didn't get paid, not charging 125.00 per person up front. One other note we moved out of that building and it was so hot with radioactivity no one would tear the building down. We need help before we all die out, this lawyer has had this case for 3 years at least and we are getting no head way....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">