• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

The cleaning crew that my workplace hired.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

seezero

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Toledo, OH

The company that I work for hired a cleaning crew to clean our break room, restrooms, etc. The cleaning crew generally shows up on Tuesdays and Thursdays 4 to 6 hours after 1st shift (the shift I usually work on) is done. When I come to work on Wednesdays and Fridays (any of the days after the cleaning crew cleans the break room), the chairs and tables are sometimes hooked up on each other and not where they are supposed to be. Sometimes the tables and/or chairs are almost blocking one of the refrigerators. One of my co-workers and I end up having to put the tables and chairs back where they are supposed to be or least where they would be okay at when we come in. I told my supervisor about this but doing this has not been effective yet. Is there anything that my co-workers and I can do about this? My company is non-union.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
This is entirely an internal company matter. There is no legal issue here.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

The company that I work for hired a cleaning crew to clean our break room, restrooms, etc. The cleaning crew generally shows up on Tuesdays and Thursdays 4 to 6 hours after 1st shift (the shift I usually work on) is done. When I come to work on Wednesdays and Fridays (any of the days after the cleaning crew cleans the break room), the chairs and tables are sometimes hooked up on each other and not where they are supposed to be. Sometimes the tables and/or chairs are almost blocking one of the refrigerators. One of my co-workers and I end up having to put the tables and chairs back where they are supposed to be or least where they would be okay at when we come in. I told my supervisor about this but doing this has not been effective yet. Is there anything that my co-workers and I can do about this? My company is non-union.
Do about what?

Did this person SERIOUSLY come to a legal forum about this?

justalayman

Is there anything that my co-workers and I can do about this? .
while this is not a legal issue, there is an answer to the question and since I am such a nice guy, I like to take the time and effort to attempt to help where I can.

yes, there is something you can do about it. You can keep bitching to your supervisor about it until they grow tired of you and fire your non-union butt or you can move the stuff as needed and just accept that sometimes in life, your mother is not going to do everything for you or you can just leave the stuff where you find it and hope somebody else moves it or figure out how to utilize it as it is.

so, you have several things you can do but it comes down to:

you can bitch about it or not

you can move the stuff or not

it's your choice which you choose. Just be aware that your choices could affect what some other person (like your boss) uses as a basis to choose what actions s/he will take.

justalayman

The blocked refrigerator of course! OP needs to see a lawyer and sue NOW, their lunch is getting warm!! :eek:
so, if the lunch spoils and the OP gets food poisoning, does he have an action against anybody and if so, against whom?

RRevak

so, if the lunch spoils and the OP gets food poisoning, does he have an action against anybody and if so, against whom?
Hmm, good question. Will he be subject to disciplinary action for moving the table himself? Is the table heavy enough to cause injury if moved by the OP? Is it a requirement on the employer that a refrigerator be provided and accessible at all times? He knows this is an issue, is it on him if he brings lunches that require refrigeration when he is aware the refrigerator isn't always an option?

Silverplum

I suggest you all have a spontaneous dance-off and crown the winner with a wreath of recycled paper!

In other news, we wonder why does Zigner type what I would have typed if I'd arrived earlier?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">