• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Coworker Harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

ravinder123

What is the name of your state? California
I have been facing several verbal abuses from my coworker because of the reason that I am a comptetitor to him and they dont approve my ability. The said coworker yesterday has put nails in two of my pictures hung on our company notice board. I think it is a direct insult and intimidation on my personality and consider this behaviour as a hidden aspersion of this person to eliminate me from the workplace. Can this be considered harassment. What are the legal steps I can take since it is equivalent morally kill someone. Any help will be highly appreciated.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No, this does not remotely reach the definition of harassment. There are no legal steps you can take as nothing illegal has happened. Your coworker is not required to like you and if he wants to take a rather childish way of expressing his opinion, he can do that.

R

ravinder123

Adding to the above mentioned harassment of late I am hearing this guy calling me "Black Guy" in front of others, even though I am not of an African American origin, but my complexion looks dark. Does this constitute a form of color harassment is there something I can do about it

Beth3

If this co-worker is harassing you because of your race or national origin (or what he believes to be your race or national origin), that is prohibited. The first thing you need to do is to go the appropriate management personnel at work (your supervisor, HR, etc.) and tell them what is going on and ask them to please put a stop to it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">