• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Defamation of Character

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Saul of Tarsus

What is the name of your state? CA
In all my years I never figured I would find myself in the predicament that I find myself in. I was hauled into HR yesterday and after going through the confidentiality rigamorole was hit with a two by four right between the eyes. I was "asked " to assist HR with an investigation. The object of the investigation was me. The subject of the investigation was "making some-one feel uncomfortable" or "intimidated" by my actions intentional or unintentional, or mannerisms intentional or unintentional. A little background; I work in a call center full of harried over-worked representatives. Can you hear the whip cracking, can you smell the sweat? We each are assigned for a time, a little cube with the requisite computer and callmaster. I sit at the end of the row right in front of my supervisor. This will be the subject of yet another post but that man has made it his mission in life to try to make me bow down and kiss his broad a--. Not in this life or any other, thank you very much. My fob will not work at any other timepunch but the one at the back of my current bridge. At this particular timepunch is where the Dialer team and supervisor sit. My comings and goings are not without notice and the likely hood of my being moved are non-existant. My desk was altered to accomodate me (I am 6'8" tall and @ 250 #lbs) its not that tough to raise a desk up but the facilities manager has to raise the desk, and the tech people have to shut down the computer and callmaster move them and replace them total time about 20 minutes and of course takes 5 departments and co-ordination of same. I tend to eat my lunch alone and do not participate in the potlucks or after work social events. I come to work to work, I have a few people that have latched on to me and we converse or they will go with me for my after lunch walks. I try to conduct myself as I have been instructed to do, by being of good cheer and countenance, with a quick smile and ready greeting for any body I pass by. I have earned a grudging respect from persons who do not like me and am respected and admired by more than I was aware. It is not just because of being long in the tooth, balding on the head and gray in the beard that most of my coworkers and quite a few of my superiors refer to me by title (Mr.) and my family name. I try to treat every one with dignity and respect and try to conduct myself with the same. Back to the narrative; needless to say although this was not a "he's a dirty old man running amok through the building pinching the hindmost parts of the young hotties and trying to trap them in corners and stairwells.." it is nonetheless a devastating and demoralizing experience and one that I would not wish on a sworn enemy. Some of the allegations of which I had been tried and convicted are blocking the complainant from punching in at the timeclock. I am not one those gold brickers that wait for the clock to roll around to what ever magic moment is supposed to be teh most auspicious for genuflecting with my fob. Of attempting to crush her beneath weight of a heavy sigh. I have never in my life tried to sigh some one to death. I don't cast withering death stares, I have never attempted to committ aggravated eyeballing, and it is beneath my dignity to skulk, lurk, loom, or otherwise attempt to invade someones space and put the fear of me in them. Maybe I should be more social because I think I am about the only one who didn't know that I was accused of attempting to regulate on a bewigged and somewhere between poligrip and depends senior citizen. Do not misunderstand me. I am closer to senior than junior, but the woman in question I have found out has an eldest child that is around my age. I have been around long enough to know that their are surface motives and ulterior motives but for the life of me I cannot lay a finger on her ulterior motives. I think that there is a bigger picture that I am unable to see. The bottom line in this whole mess is by the time I got home yesterday I had received a number of calls some where enquireing minds kind of calls, others imtimated that there had been open knowledge of "Saul of Tarses has been lied on by two women" one to swear a false complaint and another to lie to it, inorder to start a grand inquisition. HR is not my friend. I feel that this whole investigation is a sham. When I suggested one of the easiest ways to put this whole mess to rest would be to pull out time tracks to see if we had ever punched in at the same time (blocking from punching in) they acted stunned at my suggestion and then gave me some bulloney about parts of the investigation of which I would be unaware. I need to know my legal recourse because I am to old to be the sacrificial judas goat. I also am not going to have my reputation and character impugned or maligned by some one who is lieing for reasons unknown to myself at this time. I was accosted in the parking lot at work today by some one who wanted to know if the rumors ( it never fails that mouse grows to mountain in the rumor mill) were true. confidentiality my deceased great aunts behind. It would seem that this investigation is a sham, and I have already been tried by the grand inquisition and found lacking. When I went to lunch who is sitting in the cafeteria? If she was so intimidated by me wouldn't they have made sure that there was a great unlikelyhood that our paths would cross. I reported to HR, my manager, and the vice president of the company that I had recieved calls at home and on my cell phone, and been accosted in the parking lot. I was accused of fabricating the information, and then told that unless I fessed up with whom I had talked to I would be held to be not cooperating with the investigation. I think I have seen the writing on the wall and the hand is pointing towards the unemployment line. If I don't roll over and beg for my miserable little job and hand over people who had not felt comfortable with coming forward of their own violition I have no doubt I will be terminated monday morning. I told the grand inquisition that I was not comfortable with giving them any names of any body, I would rather ask the individuals to go to HR if they wanted to become involved. If they did not then I could live with that. Not everyone has the courage to lie down in the lions den with pork chop drawers and get a good night's sleep. And I figure that my neck is already on the chopping block, why take any body down with me. They were adamant that I was to approach no-one. I forestalled them with I wanted to pray about it. Prayer led me to this website. I really could have used a site likethis over the past year. I have no doubt that I am going to need a wrongful termination attorney but it will take a while to locate one. I need some help with fighting off the wolves while I am stuck outside the door.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">