• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

demotion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

canseco_luv

What is the name of your state? fl I recieved a demotion letter the other day.The reasons stated were not true and I can prove it.I have never had a written or verbal warning in the four years i have been there. I feel now like everything i do is being watched or questioned. I am humilated and embarresed everyday that i go to work. Is there anything i can do about this? Thank you

JETX

"Is there anything i can do about this?"
*** Obviously, you can ask your employer or supervisor to clarify the action. However, even though their actions might not be fair, there is nothing illegal about it UNLESS it was done in violation of any protected class (race, religion, age, disability, etc.).

B

BeckyW

Google search the term "workplace bullying" to educate yourself about the phenomenon you are experiencing. There are several websites that give valuable tips on how to fight back successfully against office politics and gang-ups.

Becky W.

JETX

Beckyw seems to have a deep-seated fixation on this subject of 'workplace bullying'. She seems to see it in virtually every post where an employee is involved.

B

BeckyW

According to the board rules, posts are supposed to be brief, civil and polite. While your posts are brief, they are neither civil nor polite.

I do not understand why you two are being hostile towards me when I am trying to be helpful to others.

If you have investigated the phenomenon, and are cognizant of employment law trends, then you must certainly be aware of the nationwide push for "status-blind" anti-harassment worker protection laws.

If not, I would very much like to encourage you to do what I have suggested that some of the people writing in for advice do--google search the terms, follow the links, and educate yourself.

I am fully aware that not all people posting here have situations that can give rise to legal recourse for the wrongs committed against them. In those situations, it seems to me that perhaps some practical advice, and information on how to fight back successfully is in order--hence my informational posts, which people can choose to consider or ignore as they will.

Obviously I do not see workplace bullying everywhere, nor am I fixated on it. If that were the case, you would have seen me post this information where it clearly was inapplicable. This is an example of an unnecessary and uncalled for personal attack based on exaggerations.

I do not see that it does anybody any good for either of you to engage in snotty, abusive, disrespectful conduct toward me or any other poster here, or towards any person coming for advice.

If you persist in doing so, I will make a complaint to the board moderators.

Thank you.

Becky w.

JETX

"If you persist in doing so, I will make a complaint to the board moderators."

Becky baby....
Go ahead and complain. I predict, no I KNOW, that nothing will come of it. See, you are a very minor speedbump in this forum..... and would hardly be missed here (if at all). While Beth is a very, very valuable and knowledgable contributor, who has certainly 'shown her stuff' far more times than you can even dream.

So, go ahead and complain to the moderator. I am sure that Mary needs a good laugh.

Beck, you are merely a gnat on an ants ass, while Beth is an 'elephant' (by comparison).

Last edited:

Beth3

That was very nice, JETX. Thanks for the compliment. :)

Although I'm glad you qualified that elephant comparison, even though I did eat a tad more chocolate over Easter than I should have. :D

JETX

Yeah, I had to think about that one for a few minutes.... and even retyped it a few different ways. None seemed to 'visualize' as I wanted..... :)
have a good, happy.

Beth3

Don't tell anyone but I have an emergency bag of Hershey's Nuggets with almonds hidden in a desk drawer. For you, I'm willing to share. :)

B

BeckyW

Boy you guys display classic abuser tactics, that's for sure, including smirking, self-satisfied post-aggression discharges and wink and nod mutual grooming and congratulatory behaviors.

It's fascinating to watch your behaviors--very much like monkeys attacking another they perceive as an "outsider" or as some sort of usurper to the group's established pecking order.

Though it is fascinating and interesting, it does make me a little queasy too--being around people who so easily engage in unconscious and conscious cruelty and wholeheartedly engage in abusive group dynamics.

Thanks for your stellar performances of animalistic cruelty, abuse and aggression displays.

Bravo. Bravo. Bravo.

Becky W.

Beth3

Becky, you have some "issues," as they say. Mountains out of molehills, where there weren't even any molehills to begin with.

JETX

Becky, RUN, do not walk, to the nearest mental health treatment facility. You need to do this before you hurt yourself, or more importantly, others.

I am afraid that not only is your 'wheel' squeaky, but the mouse may have died also.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">