• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Denied employment due to 8 year old misdeamenor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

alexia26

What is the name of your state? CA. i am trying to get a job at the department of social services, i have successfully passed my test and interviews, the only thing now stopping them from hiring me is because 8 years ago i was convicted of a misdemeanor, accomplice to pety theft, because it was so long ago can this be grounds for not hiring me i have not been in any other trouble i even provided them with a dmv report showing i have a clean driving record no tickets, or accidents is there a time frame in which proposed employers are not able to use a misdemeanor in grounds for not hiring. thanx

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I could not find anything in CA law limiting the time frame under which an employer can ask about convictions. You can check with the CA DOL, or possibly IAAL will have a link for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">