• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Desperate to know...Part II

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Sunnyside

What is the name of your state? Ohio
This is in reference to my last post...I'll try to be more specific...and I apologize to the board...

Bottom line. I want to write a formal letter asking that my supervisor refrain from sexual references about my sleeping arrangements with another employee. She has said these things to me alone and in front of other coworkers (I was there when she did it in front of others.)

I further want her to refrain from calling me another employee's girlfriend to other coworkers. I was not in the manager's meeting where this was to take place but was told by the employee (who would be my boyfriend in her comment) that it was said in the meeting.

Question: Can they fire me for this request? Can she sue me for asking her to stop her sexual verbage. What consequences will I face legally if I ask for something to stop when I wasn't present for one of the times.

Also, due to her being my boss, I tried to ride it out...when that failed, I went along thinking it would stop by saying yea, a good time was had and the like. When that failed, I asked her what she did the night before with a certain employee. The verbage went...oh what did you two last night? Nothing specific as saying any act was involved...and we were alone.

And finally, I"m not a flirt or even that great looking. I don't know what's up with her....

Please advise...........thanks to you all!

StacyLB

Yes, they can fire you for writing the letter--they can fire you for almost any reason. Your posts are difficult in that it's obvious that you're upset and that makes the information unclear.

For whatever reason, your supervisor believes that you and another supervisor (I'm assuming supervisor because he was present at the managment meeting you referenced) are involved. She makes comments to you and other employees in regard to her belief. You tried to ignore it, but that didn't last. Now you feel like the company is trying to squeeze you out.

Unfortunately, I have some experience with this type of situation. Are you involved with a married co-worker? If the answer is yes, you do not have much of a leg to stand on. UNLESS you can prove that they are treating you (a female) in a different manner than the male. If you are facing demotion, a salary decrease, etc.

If you are not involved with a married co-worker, I find it difficult to understand why upper-level management would allow this type of behavior to continue. You MAY have suffered defamation. Many more facts would need to be shared to determine such.

S

Sunnyside

Desperate to know part II....reply

Thank you Stacey for your response. I do appreciate your candor. As for your question to me: No, I am not having an affair with a married, or unmarried anybody. That is what makes this all the more frustrating. And by the way, I did have the letter written but I never turned it in to management. It is as you said, if they want to fire you they will do so with or without a reason.

I am being squeezed out. I saw an ad in the paper last night for a job that I would be perfect for! So perfect, that when I researched the PO Box as to who it belonged to, I found that it was MY job that was being offered. I had my sister call about it to confirm. I was right! Can an employer speculate on firing someone to the extent that they place an ad for your job before you are even gone??? The plot thickens.....

My review said I was hired for accounting clerk and that is why I wasn't entitled to more of a raise (1.92%). But the ad in the paper describing what I do on a daily basis called that candidate a Book keeper.....hmmmm

StacyLB

Why would a supervisor allow another supervisor to state that he is having an affair with you in front of all of management and not say anything? I can't imagine why he would allow that and go so far as to tell you about what happned.

You're probably right--they want you out. Why they just haven't fired you, I'm not sure. I would reccommend you look for another position. With the quickness.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">