• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Diary dates lost

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

locomotive1

Hi,

My friend was being harrased within the workplace by his managers and he had taken a note of the incidents in a diary with times and dates, unfortunately he has lost that diary. What does he do now? He vaguely remembers some of the incidents in the diary but doesnt remember the exact time and date of when incidents that took place.

What do you guys recommend? Is there anything that you suggest?

It would really help out.

Just Blue

Hi,

My friend was being harrased within the workplace by his managers and he had taken a note of the incidents in a diary with times and dates, unfortunately he has lost that diary. What does he do now? He vaguely remembers some of the incidents in the diary but doesnt remember the exact time and date of when incidents that took place.

What do you guys recommend? Is there anything that you suggest?

It would really help out.
U.S. Law Only.

If your "friend" lives in the USA s/he should post for her/himself.

Thanks!

commentator

So what is going on that he needs those dates now? Is he filing a grievance, speaking to his HR? It's all nice and fun to have a list of incidents with dates to show on going patterns of whatever you want to argue is going on, but really, after a few months, there's really not much power in such a record. If it's important dates as in when he was formally warned or written up, he can get those again easily. If it's for something like an unemployment hearing, he can get by with a good guess about when the incidents occurred. If they're not big enough incidents he'd remember at least a general idea what happened, they probably aren't going to help him anyhow.

Just Blue

So what is going on that he needs those dates now? Is he filing a grievance, speaking to his HR? It's all nice and fun to have a list of incidents with dates to show on going patterns of whatever you want to argue is going on, but really, after a few months, there's really not much power in such a record. If it's important dates as in when he was formally warned or written up, he can get those again easily. If it's for something like an unemployment hearing, he can get by with a good guess about when the incidents occurred. If they're not big enough incidents he'd remember at least a general idea what happened, they probably aren't going to help him anyhow.
We don't know if this is even in the States. :)

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I'd like some kind of description of what kind of harassment we are talking about. It might make a difference.

eerelations

I'd like some kind of description of what kind of harassment we are talking about. It might make a difference.
So would I. However, since the definition of/remedies for "harassment" are very different in Canada than the US, I thought I'd try to clear up the Canada/US part first.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">