• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Didn't receive equal pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Char Finney

What is the name of your state? I live and work in Ohio. The company's corporate office is in Virginia. My job title was Area Sales Manager. I was responsible for maintaining a territory, selling to new customers, and other miscellaneous tasks. My question is this: I was paid less than other employees with the same job title and responsibilities. This also included new hires. I worked for the company for 2 years and 3 months. I went to my immediate superior and asked for a raise and she told me I was extremely underpaid and if she didn't obtain a raise through her superior, she would go to human resources. She told me that it was illegal for them not to pay me what the other area sales managers where making. I turned in my resignation, worked out a two weeks notice and my last day was 2/07/03. I might mention I was on salary plus commission.

Z

zappy

you should not have resigned........

Your case would be stronger if you were still employed.

And by resigning you are not entitled to unemloyment.

You will learn your lesson from this....NEVER ever resign a job in America

JETX

Ignore Crappy. He is a forum troll that seems to love to flaunt his ignorance.

Char: There is no obligation for an employer to pay all persons of a same rank equally..... as long as it was not done with discrimination of one of the 'protected classes' (race, sex, disability, age, etc.). Your post makes no mention that this was a discriminatory practice.

If the supervisor told you that it was "illegal for them not to pay me what the other area sales managers where making", she was wrong. There is no statutory requirement for equal pay without discrimination.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">