• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

diebetes no work? discrimanation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

louddave

What is the name of your state? washington
i have diebetes i control it with diat and exercise but my doctor thought it best if i cut my work to 10 hours a day 5 days a week. when my employer recieved the letter from my doctor they sent me a letter tellig me that they could not see any way to work with me on this and untill i can work 15 hrs a day 6 days a week they would not be offering me any work . (i am a local truck driver)

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If your employers had said to themselves, "Dave's a diabetic, let's not give him any work", that would be discrimination. However, in this case your doctor has made a recommendation for light work and they do not have that kind of light work available. Therefore, it is not discrimination if they take you off the schedule until either they have the kind of work your doctor recommends available or until you are able to return to your regular schedule.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">