• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

discrimination?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

maineman

What is the name of your state? Maine
I am a sales manager in a hospital inventory company.
My position (as a surprize to me) has been advertised in a national publication. I have never had a review. My teams sales performance is below quota. Another manager in our firm was accused of sexual harrasement. Knowing the incident to be true I participated in the company investigation, not voluntarily but I did answer truthfully when asked. Ever since that time I have been given the "cold shoulder" by my supervisor. Other managers in my district have worse sales numbers and have had written warnings, which I have never recieved, but it is I whom is about to be terminated. My district manager has told me that the company should never of investgated the other supervisor and he did not appreciate people making a big deal out of it. It is clear to me that my support dwindled after this incident and has directly led to a lack of support.
Any thoughts????

Thanks!

Beth3

If they're replacing you in retalliation for participating on the SH investigation, that would be prohibited. If they're replacing you because of your sales figures and they feel things just aren't going for your team under your leadership, that's perfectly legal.

Since more senior management obviously supported the investigation of the SH claim, it's rather unlikely they'd allow you to be terminated for following the directive that you and others participate in the investigation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">