• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tsez

What is the name of your state? MA

i am currently running a temp agency and have been sued for sex and age discrimination for allegedly sending an e mail composed of random numbers and letters. i have never spoken with my accuser, met her, or even seen a copy of her resume. how can this be construed as discrimination. the only contact we had was my response to her e mail inviting er to set up an appointment that must have been somehow jumbled. i also would like to point out that her e mail address is an abbreviation of her first and middle initial and only her last name is in it's entirety. I had no way of knowing it was a woman.

HomeGuru

tsez said:
What is the name of your state? MA

i am currently running a temp agency and have been sued for sex and age discrimination for allegedly sending an e mail composed of random numbers and letters. i have never spoken with my accuser, met her, or even seen a copy of her resume. how can this be construed as discrimination. the only contact we had was my response to her e mail inviting er to set up an appointment that must have been somehow jumbled. i also would like to point out that her e mail address is an abbreviation of her first and middle initial and only her last name is in it's entirety. I had no way of knowing it was a woman.

**A: please post the email from her and your response email.
You are not giving us the entire and complete picture.

T

tsez

i don't know it would be wise to post since both our names are involved.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Okay - - but, you could always XXX out the names.

Anyway, you say you're being sued. What are her allegations? Give us some details; i.e., how is a garbled e-mail message translated into discrimination?

IAAL

T

tsez

i wish i were more computer savy but i can't figure it out. i invited her to an interview however on her end, the text of my message was garbled and she asked me two days letter to resend my response in which i didn't because i was busy/lazy. then on 1/1/03 she sent another e mail asking me to resend and if i would be sending her on an assignment. i never spoke with this person nor did i know if it was a man or a woman because of the abbreviatons of the first and middle name. i never got back to her because i found it weird for her to ask "if i would be sending her on an assignment" when we never have met, never have spoken and i had no resume to go by. in her email she claims she sent one but if she did it wasn't through e mail otherwise i would have it documented. she filed a claim with eeoc and thats why i am contacting you. in addition to the claim against me the eeoc negligently enclosed the paper work of another agency she is claiming discriminated against her.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

tsez said:
i wish i were more computer savy but i can't figure it out. i invited her to an interview however on her end, the text of my message was garbled and she asked me two days letter to resend my response in which i didn't because i was busy/lazy. then on 1/1/03 she sent another e mail asking me to resend and if i would be sending her on an assignment. i never spoke with this person nor did i know if it was a man or a woman because of the abbreviatons of the first and middle name. i never got back to her because i found it weird for her to ask "if i would be sending her on an assignment" when we never have met, never have spoken and i had no resume to go by. in her email she claims she sent one but if she did it wasn't through e mail otherwise i would have it documented. she filed a claim with eeoc and thats why i am contacting you. in addition to the claim against me the eeoc negligently enclosed the paper work of another agency she is claiming discriminated against her.

My response:

Okay. You apparently are unable or unwilling to tell us about her allegations. You keep giving us conclusions and repetitive information. We can't help you. Deal with the EEOC.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">