• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jalen

What is the name of your state? georgia I have been working at a nonprofit agency for 6 and half years. For the past 2 years I have ask to become a full-time employee. I was told there was no funds available. But two months ago they hired a white inexperience female the same postion I hold as a full-time employee, I have just ask them a month ago could I be a fulltime employee again, I got the same respond I got the last time I asked. They did not post the postion. They actually hired this person with out notice that there was a fulltime postion open. I think they should have offer me this postion if they needed someone fulltime after all I wanted to be fulltime. This situation made me so mad I recently resigned. Do I have a case because I think that is consider discrimination. The female they hired will come to me with question on her job because she did not know how to do anything. We both was Office Assistants.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

jalen said:
What is the name of your state? georgia I have been working at a nonprofit agency for 6 and half years. For the past 2 years I have ask to become a full-time employee. I was told there was no funds available. But two months ago they hired a white inexperience female the same postion I hold as a full-time employee, I have just ask them a month ago could I be a fulltime employee again, I got the same respond I got the last time I asked. They did not post the postion. They actually hired this person with out notice that there was a fulltime postion open. I think they should have offer me this postion if they needed someone fulltime after all I wanted to be fulltime. This situation made me so mad I recently resigned. Do I have a case because I think that is consider discrimination. The female they hired will come to me with question on her job because she did not know how to do anything. We both was Office Assistants.

===================================

My response:

Does she have better English grammar skills than you?

IAAL

Beth3

You make a point of saying the person they hired was white and female but you don't say on what basis you think discrimination occurred. I presume you're other than white and female?

By the way, IAAL has a point. If they didn't offer you full-time work because some aspect of your job performance was less than desired, it doesn't matter what race or gender anybody is. If they made a valid business decision to go with a less experienced candidate who they believed would perform better than you after training, that is not discrimination. No offense but your grammar is extremely poor for someone holding a position as an Office Assistant.

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

This thread is hilarious!

"I don't do have not better grammer english than the office assistant at the work."

I'm just cracking up!

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My further response:

Gee, I certainly hope the employer hasn't assigned to her any letter writing. Can you imagine receiving a letter from this person?

After the first "sentence", in the trash it goes.

IAAL

C

Cindy Buchanan

that is uncalled for

disclaimer or not, I found some of IAAL's replies to be tactless and discriminating against someones writing abilities, people come to these boards for a little support not to be ridiculed. She did not ask if you approved of her, liked her or her writing, only if she had a case. You may want to read some of your own posts I could pick out a few gramatical errors myself. Hurting someones feelings is uncalled for.

HomeGuru

Re: that is uncalled for

Cindy Buchanan said:
disclaimer or not, I found some of IAAL's replies to be tactless and discriminating against someones writing abilities, people come to these boards for a little support not to be ridiculed. She did not ask if you approved of her, liked her or her writing, only if she had a case. You may want to read some of your own posts I could pick out a few gramatical errors myself. Hurting someones feelings is uncalled for.

**A: what is your point? This thread made my day.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: that is uncalled for

Cindy Buchanan said:

My response:

You know what Cindy? I really don't care what you think.

It is a distinct possibility that our writer's problems stemmed from her inability to properly use the English language. And, what she mistakenly thought was "discrimination", could actually be her employer's corporate decision to not have her communicate with others. Ergo, they hired someone else.

Additionally, with our writer's poor usage of the English language herself, she is in no position to identify poor English usage when she writes sentences like, "She do not have better grammer english than me."

If our writer was MY employee, she wouldn't be my employee any longer. In my view, she's lucky to have her job, and not have been fired.

And besides, my dear Cindy, you appear to have a "run-on" sentence yourself, e.g., "You may want to read some of your own posts I could pick out a few gramatical errors myself." How about a period between the words "posts" and "I"?

Also, how the hell do you know whether or not I'm actually doing our writer a favor by pointing these things out to her?

IAAL

Last edited by a moderator:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Here's another point for you to ponder, Cindy dearest, and be honest - -

If you were an employer, would YOU want our writer writing or communicating with YOUR clients?

As an employer, wouldn't YOU be concerned whether your "best foot" was forward, and that your company, and YOUR good name, were being well represented by YOUR employees?

IAAL

A

apples&oranges

I do agree that the posts written by Jalen are not well written; but, would not the factors that might indicate discrimination rely on past performance. It would seem that if her job performance was substandard that she would have been apprised that such is true and advised to correct any flaws and if there was no improvement dismissed. This does not appear to be a promotion to a job with more responsibility rather a change in status from part-time to full-time employee.

My advice: Obtain any copies of written documents that might give a full picture of your work performance and if they're positive take them to the regulatory body in your area to find if your employer is meeting EEO compliance criteria.

Without regards to whether there is any discrimination. You must now understand that your employer does not value your employment; perhaps the new person that you seem to be training is there to replace you. It is time to search for new employment and not to be so helpful in training the new person.

It unfortunate but true: It's a dog eat dog world in employment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">