• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Discrimination?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

U

U52905

What is the name of your state? Florida
Two years ago I was promoted to a position in upper management. The individual I replaced was promoted to a position even higher up the corporate ladder. He has since been taken out of that position. He now has been given back his previous position and I have been demoted and forced to move to another company in the Florida District. I have been given no explanation as to why I am being replaced except that he gets his old job back. My job performance has been exceptional. I am at the top of my district in a majority of the areas of which we are rated. I have maintained my base pay, however I have lost my bonus pay (performance compensation) which last year exceeded $18K. I no longer have a company vehicle, company paid fuel and insurance. Our company is divided up into 10 individual marketing companies in Florida. I now must commute 50 miles more to work in a neighboring company to a position that is less than before I was promoted two years prior. I have over 18 years with this company and until last week was one of only four females to have been promoted to this position. I feel this is extremely unfair. Do I have any legal recourse?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Not unless you are prepared to show that your being female was the reason all this occurred, which frankly, it does not sound like from your description. The company is entitled to make changes to people's position, salary and the appropriate perks as business needs require.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">