• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

discrimination?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

peon37

What is the name of your state? Mississippi
i feel that i have been discriminated against concerning race. i have worked here for almost 7 years and during that time i have been 'promoted' without a payraise, attempted a higher position through the many oral tests given and passed, although they gave it to someone white with less experience. they told me i was not a good enough leader. the position was not for supervisor, just more of what i am highly qualified to do. recently i have been blamed for something my supervisor did and know now that he is trying to sabotage me for whatever reason. when called into the department head's office, he told me that he had been 'south of the border' and know how they do things down there and we have 'a whole different set of rules'. in our department there are approximately 75 workers and only about 5 are of minority. i am spanish american, not from mexico. life is almost unbearable now at a job that i have enjoyed and found fulfilling for the last 7 years, but the new supervisor obviously has it in for me. i am currently and reluctantly seeking other employment.

StacyLB

I would begin to gather any paperwork that is pertinent and document everything that occurs from this point. I would then contact a reputable lawyer in your area to help you decide how to proceed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">