• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proserpina

So what is the EEOC for? What is human resources for since people can say anything insulting without facing consequences? I've never heard of this BS before

That you didn't understand a fundamental truth does not mean such does not exists.

You're beginning to make it very clear for us to see what your problem actually is...

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
So educate us. Post a link to the law that prohibits insults in the workplace.

CSO286

Something can be done about it. I'll go elsewhere
Yes, you can go elsewhere. Seek other employment.

Problem solved.

Sweetie, there are jerks everywhere. It's not a crime. You can't sue a jerk for being insulting. You can't sue a jerk for being a jerk. You can sue a jerk if he or she smashes in you windshield, slashes your tires or drowns your kittens.

You may not like the answers you are getting, but that doesn't make the truth any less true.

RRevak

This person right here is a prime example of why I feel the whole "anti-bullying" movement has gone waaaaaay too far.

Last edited:

LdiJ

This is absolutely not true. I have no idea what motives you have to saying its ok for employees to be jerks to each other.
Ok...

There are no laws prohibiting people from acting like jerks at work. Therefore the EEOC cannot help you.

Many employers will not tolerate their employees being jerks to each other because it disrupts the workplace. However there is no law forcing them to take any action against employees who are jerks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">