• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

janetperry

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MI

I'm being bullied by my mentors because I don't ask enough questions during our sessions. With the first mentor when I asked questions I was treated with hostility and yelled at, even had my intelligence insulted. Then when I didn't ask questions, the complaint was that I wasn't talkative or reaching out for help when I needed it. I was assigned another one who refuse to even speak to me and when I address job related issues I get no response. My job performances is being discussed with other employees when this should be confidential. HR department will not cooperate what should I do.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Start asking more questions?

Nothing you have posted suggests that you have any legal recourse. You have not described any form of illegal discrimination, or anything that HR needs to be a part of.

janetperry

Start asking more questions?

Nothing you have posted suggests that you have any legal recourse. You have not described any form of illegal discrimination, or anything that HR needs to be a part of.
Why not? Insulting my intelligence? refusing to speak to me? and pressuring me to ask more questions? how is that not bullying?

I'mTheFather

Check out this thread for a similar situation and the advice given:

https://forum.freeadvice.com/job-discrimination-harassment-30/workplace-bullying-614902.html

No point in repeating everything so soon. ;)

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Well, first off, you asked about discrimination, not bullying.

Second, there are no laws against workplace bullying.

Third, only a very small percentage of what the average Joe or Josie considers discrimination is actually illegal.

We have a great many freedoms in this country. One of them is the freedom to be a jerk.

janetperry

Well, first off, you asked about discrimination, not bullying.

Second, there are no laws against workplace bullying.

Third, only a very small percentage of what the average Joe or Josie considers discrimination is actually illegal.

We have a great many freedoms in this country. One of them is the freedom to be a jerk.
This is absolutely not true. I have no idea what motives you have to saying its ok for employees to be jerks to each other.

I'mTheFather

Will you please reread your postings? You asked questions. You became argumentative when given answers. Is it possible this is how you respond at your job?

janetperry

If you want to waste your time, go right ahead.

I have no idea why you seem to think being insulted is against the law. I'm sure you can show proof, yes?
So what is the EEOC for? What is human resources for since people can say anything insulting without facing consequences? I've never heard of this BS before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">