• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

discrimination and termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

juliaheltemes

What is the name of your state? kentucky. I was fired after telling my boss that I was diagnosed with bi-polar disorder but had it under control. I was on medication that did not interfere with my job as an EMT. I had to be hospitalized for a while to get the medication under control but had been with the department for 11 years and had never had any problems. I was told I was being let go due to my illness. I also endured frequent religious slurs, I an Catholic the other members were not. I heard racial slurs with African Americans being referred to an N.....'s. I also feel I was a victim of age discrimination since I am 47 and the people that were hired after me were in their early 20's or 30', I was told by a member of Administration that they wanted new young blood in the department. I was subjected to embarrasing and humiliating job details that no one else in the department had to endure. Do I have a case?

Beth3

It can be very difficult to make a call on ADA violations except in the most overt situations - part of the problem being in even determining whether the medical condition qualfies as a disability under the ADA. Given the extent of what you describe, I would advise you to see an employment law attorney right away. It sounds like there may have been multiple prohibited discrimination issues - ADA, religion, age, etc.

J

juliaheltemes

Thank you.

Thank you for your advice. I have sought help from the Kentucky Commission on Human Rights. Your advice has been well received.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">