• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Discrimonation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dapanc

minneasota

I am health care worker I have been at the same nursing home for 15 years I have currently been encourtering problems with being assigned to a shift that i did not put in for I was working days and evenings and was put on all evenings The problem i have at this point is about a year or so ago they hired a full time nurse for days and evenings and did not post the job in house
i have been booted off days with no reasonable explination
i also begged to have the days that are available and have been denied again with no reasonable explination now get this if they need a day shift person they call agency
i not only have senority i was also told that at one point that my old schedule would be re enstated but has not been where do i take this I now feel that they will be on a whitch hunt to get rid of me cuz they do not want to deal with the issues There are alot more problems coworkers don't understand either
dananc

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
On the basis of the facts you have posted, you do not have a case for illegal discrimination. What issues do they not want to deal with and why do you think they want you out?

S

Sinsaint26

What you have posted is not discrimination. So if your question is, can they do this? The answer would be yes.

Now you said there is more problems that coworkers don't understand. If these problems are of a personal nature such as management just doesn't like you, that is unfair but not illegal. If your problems with the schedule are because you have a disability that needs accomodations or you are not getting the schedule you want because of your age, gender, race.... then that would be illegal.

D

dapanc

I was looking on line and this accounts for some sort of job discreptancies
There is a policy that the faucitly has on posting jobs to give the inhouse first pick it is common in the nursing and or health field. The management that did this to me is no longer there She was fired She also brought me into the office at one point and told me she has enough S---
on me I could have your license She would not tell me anything other than it is confidental there is a form of harrassement there Then at one point in front of my co-workers stated "I just got an anom phone call that you are trying to have B--- fired " did nothing but left me hanging in the wind no resolution, nothing. She did not investigate the allegations This is a community hospital not a private' so the community own it
I fear i am going to loose my job becauze of attempt to stand up for myself What rights does a worker get after 15 years and mandatory overtime no matter if you are able to stay or not
Tell me when does one earn thier wings so to speak There is got to be some help with this situation I do not feel i shoud have to leave my job becaus my supervisor has a personality conflic with me I dont even know why she dont like me oh yea one time I reported to someone what she did
She took me in the room alone and said "Don't you ever go down stairs behind my back again " I have a right within my employement to go to department of human resource to complain
well even though there is more this is some of the crap that has been doled out to me dananc

S

Sinsaint26

There is no law that says jobs must be posted internally before hiring an outsider and based on what you have posted, all of the problems are based on personality conflicts. There is nothing illegal in what they are doing. It is unfair that they won't consider you for the schedule you want but the company can run their business however they see fit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">