• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Displaced Airport Security Screeners

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

ruck

What is the name of your state? South Carolina

On 04 Sep 02, the "Former Contract, Pre-Board Screeners" at the Myrtle Beach International airport, all lost their jobs, due to the newly formed TSA. Now approximately forty people must claim unemployment and begin job searches in an attempt to right their 'up-side-down' world. Those "Displaced, Pre-Board Screeners" were productive members of society, but are now forced into the ranks of the unemployed. Multiply this many-fold by the number of screeners from across the nation and what is the resulting impact on our already unstable economy?
Yes, those forty "Displaced, Pre-Board Screeners" were allotted the opportunity to be assessed and trained as Federal "Pre-Board Screeners", and a vast majority of the forty were not
accepted. All the "Displaced, Pre-Board Screeners" had been on the job, some for many years, and already trained to provide the required security in accordance with, and under, FAA guidelines.
"Pre-Board Screeners" were not at fault for the weapons that got aboard the ill-fated aircraft of 09/11/01. However, it seems as if the persons/screeners are being used as scapegoats and are
being held responsible for the events that led to 09/11/01, and are being punished. The screeners were doing their jobs as prescribed by the FAA.
Lastly, I am a 20 yr. U.S. Army retiree with documented 30% disability, and as far as I know, none of this was taken into consideration. What is the deal with, H.R.4015 Jobs for Veterans Act? Can anyone give me some advice? I am in contact with many other Displaced Screeners from around the nation.

SFC Dennis R. Strope, USA, RET
[email protected]
I've edited the above, for the whole article visit the site listed below, there is a link there for "Screemin' Screeners"
www.geocities.com/Athens/Forum/9814

:mad:

Z

zappy

Oh come on get real.......

Most airport screeners were barely litterate people, they were not professionals by any strech of the imagination.

THAT is what caused 9/11.. so good riddens to the barely functional EBONIXX speaking $7 hr worker.

R

ruck

Whatever ...

I did apply to the TSA, I am also a 20 yr, disabled Veteran, not an ebonix speaking whatever. There were many professional type people doing an important yet thankless job. I repeat, the screeners were not at fault for anything that got aboard the 9/11 aircraft, the FAA allowed the items that got aboard. Have they been replaced, has the INS been replaced, has the FBI been replaced, or are they still making their living off of our taxes, hmm? Perhaps I could look into the Government giving me a handout in the vein of being a victim of terrorism, and get on the gravy boat?

L

loocpoc

You have to apply to TSA. Yes the INS is being replaced and the FBI is going more to a terrorism type unit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">