• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

disqualified from eligable list

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

krck67

What is the name of your state? california is it leagal to disqualify from employment for a misdemeanor thats 18 yrs old?, i paid my dubt to sciotey.and have changed my life.im 35 now, then i was 18.? can they leagally do this??? i bworked sooo hard to get the job (spent 1yr. of my time).takining required classes, taking test, and paid money out of my pocket. i feel i was ripped off. i hope you can help me. should i contact the a.c.l.u?? or what???:confused:

Beth3

1) What job were you persuing?
2) What was the misdemeanor for?
3) How do you know this is the reason you weren't hired?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

krck67 said:
What is the name of your state? california is it leagal to disqualify from employment for a misdemeanor thats 18 yrs old?, i paid my dubt to sciotey.and have changed my life.im 35 now, then i was 18.? can they leagally do this??? i bworked sooo hard to get the job (spent 1yr. of my time).takining required classes, taking test, and paid money out of my pocket. i feel i was ripped off. i hope you can help me. should i contact the a.c.l.u?? or what???:confused:

My response:

I can guarantee you that it had nothing to do with your old criminal record.

It had everything to do, however, with your poor grammar and spelling skills - - and I'm using the word "skills" very loosely.

Your English is atrocious - - and if I were considering you and someone else for the job, I'd take the other person.

Your post is a good example of why an education is so important.

Take an English course, will you?

IAAL

JETX

Damn!! Another example for the 'Hall of Unbelievable!"

Maybe we ought to start up something like the "Legal Darwin Awards"!

HomeGuru

JETX said:

**A: good idea. Instead of a board forum, we can call it a hall.
Like the Hall of Shame.

K

krck67

Beth3 said:

Last edited:
K

krck67

bill gates

JETX said:

from the smart assed remark you gave me it"s a wonder you find time for us little people MR BILL GATES

K

krck67

Beth3 said:
I was persuing a custoidal position. Under the influnce 18 yrs ago.they told me I was disqual. for life. I've been rehab. for 13yrs+. I want to thank you for helping me (giving me advice),it's a long story. I worked hardfor the position. i.e, required classes, a number of test, as well as went to 3 job interviews(which I was hired for 2 of the 3), but I couldn't start till they ran a check. I passed F.B.I. then after WAITING a year they send me a letter of disq.(3 days before x-mas). Thats not right., Is it??

K

krck67

HomeGuru said:
JETX said:

**A: good idea. Instead of a board forum, we can call it a hall.
Like the Hall of Shame.
Like totally you ****in goon!!

K

krck67

JETX said:

If I were as gifted as you I wouldn't need your opnion. So you can keep your smart assed OPNIONS to yourself. thanx fag

K

krck67

Re: Re: disqualified from eligable list

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

I can guarantee you that it had nothing to do with your old criminal record.

It had everything to do, however, with your poor grammar and spelling skills - - and I'm using the word "skills" very loosely.

Your English is atrocious - - and if I were considering you and someone else for the job, I'd take the other person.

Your post is a good example of why an education is so important.

Take an English course, will you?

IAAL
You can't guarantee me **** pal, so stick your opnions up your ass PROF. All brains ,no balls

Z

zappy

yo krck67, we be down in da hood bruddah, wee ganstas gottah stik 2 gethur, we nead 2 tel whitey to gitzt ouff are baicks, wee speek good enlush , i gotz me mi hi skool deeploma, N i noe u did 2!

Who iz dem peeps onda borad homey guruie, yeah wears hiz homeboyzzzz at??? we be gang banging hiz white aazzzz boiz.... N dat jet-X hey wasnt dat a car wash you put ondee gardenhoze?

N i iz alwaus lible 4 wat ido but damn bro, why iz whitey allwaiz afta mee fo doin shiittzzz i neva doo?

Beth3

krck, you say you "passed F.B.I." Are we to conclude you had to undergo some sort of security clearance and the position you were applying for was a custodian position working in a sensitive government facility?

If that's the case, I can't answer your question. Not only are we talking about the public sector, we're apparently talking about a job which requires a security clearance and it appears they can indeed disqualify you due to the prior conviction. I suggest you pursue new job opportunities where this old conviction won't be a problem, which would be many.

JETX

Yeah, sounds like you are qualified to teach English in our current school system. Maybe Oakland has an opening!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">