• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wifeyok

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oklahoma
Hello, I work at a University. The Director of Maintenance has a reputation of being a bully. I had the unpleasant experience of having to interact with him when he was attempting to access our building. While talking with him through a cracked door and attempting to verify his identity, he yanked the door open and attempted to walk through me. At one point we were belly to belly with him continuing to move forward until I was forced to move out of his way out of fear of being pushed down. I made a report with campus police and have spoke with both the Dean and Assistant Dean. Since then I haven't heard or seen any disciplinary action. In fact I was alerted that he would be in our building for a meeting today. He was appointed by the President of the college which in my opinion has allowed his ego to overshadow his professional judgement. Do I have any recourse?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Not that I can see. You're not entitled to know what disciplinary action was taken, or even if disciplinary action was taken. Nor do his actions give you any kind of discrimination or harassment claim - not as you've described them. The guy is a jerk. Being a jerk is not actionable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">