• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does my doctors' note not cover my wrists because it only came from my chiropractor?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bergzoin

The insight that post provides is that you must find a medical doctor or two, get accurate diagnoses, and begin treatment. Then, and only then, can you request additional accommodations. No ifs, ands, or buts.
I had a feeling that would be the case. I'm not sure which doctors to go to now, or if my insurance covers them, but I do understand now that I will need a current doctors' diagnosis to help with the accommodations I will be seeking at whatever new job I'm hopefully able to get.

Thank you for your time and analysis.

Proserpina said:
Bless you all for trying, but it's clear that this OP doesn't understand the basics and that makes it really difficult - if not nigh on impossible - to suggest anything other than "see an attorney".
I had a feeling that would be the case. I'm talking to a couple of attorrneys, one is a workers' compensation one. Things are just going incredibly slow with him is all. I was hoping to gain some additional insight (which I did) through these forums.

Thank you nevertheless, for the attempted help you all have provided.

cbg said:
In the 12 months immediately before the first day of the first medical leave, had you worked a minimum of 1,250 hours for THIS employer?
Sadly, because of the complications my injuries had caused me, I added up how many hours I worked and it didn't reach the minimum required of 1250. :(

Thanks anyway though for explaining FMLA though.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">