• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Eeoc

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lp2785

What is the name of your state? Texas

Who watches over the EEOC and monitors their performance?

I made a request to file a charge against a former employer on the basis of religious discrimination and was appalled to find out that the agency has no interest in helping anyone.

It took months for anyone to even acknowledge receipt of my request and another 45 days for the supervisor to assign the investigation to someone. Then I was verbally assaulted by the investigator, told that I had no rights (based on his inaccurate interpretation of Title VII) and that I could appeal his decision, but he would be the person to review it and he would deny it!!

How can an agency of the Federal Government charged with protecting the law and rights of citizens (guaranteed by the Constitution) get away with such outlaw justice? There is no system of checks and balances and investigators are blatantly throwing around the authority their positions give them at the expense of the taxpayers who probably have legitimate grounds to get relief under the law.

This man outright told me that because he has been doing this for 26 years, he makes the decisions and he refused to let me present my case to anyone else or provide me with the names and numbers of anyone at EEOC who is over him. He absolutely picked out a nuance that is not even stated in the law and used it against me to throw out my request because by his own admission, they do not have the manpower to investigate every charge. Then he sent me an appeal form in which he filled in the section where my comments should go and expects me to sign that. Any suggestions????

E

ElleS

eeoc

Stop talking, and start writing. The best way to deal with a situation like this seems to be that you request (in writing) that all communication between you and the investigative agency occur on paper. Verbal communication isn't effective as a back-up. Then apply the rules and directives for the agency --you should be able to find them at the eeoc's web site. If he still fails to meet a satisfactory standard send all of the correspondence to your State Attorney General's office or retain legal councel to represent the claim on your behalf.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">