• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employee harrassment rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tcordero

New York

One of the partners at my job was irate about a missing file, he was screaming at me over the phone, and cursing at me worse than a truck driver so to speak. He was screaming so loud and cursing so bad that I didn't even have to be on the phone to hear him. Everyone in my dept. heard him from the other side of the office. I haven't approached my boss about the situation yet. Is there some type of law against this? I was very insulted by this. Please help:confused:

Beth3

No, there is no law which prevents the boss from going ballistic over a missing file. Sorry.

You may certainly complain to the appropriate person at work and/or look for another job if you don't want to put up with this kind of behavior. When the partner calms down, you may also tell him that you don't feel his behavior was appropriate although since I don't know him, I can't guarantee he won't go off the deep end again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">