• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employer commits perjury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

michaelcon_98

What is the name of your state? Illinois

What can be done about an employer who committed perjury under oath through testimony provided during an Unemployment hearing and in a sworn affidavit submitted at a Dept. of Labor administrative law hearing?

I left my employer based on, among other things, the illegal deductions they had taken from several of my pay checks.

The employer tried to fight my claim for those wages deducted, final compensation, and accrued vacation but lost as the Dept. of Labor found them in violation of several sections of the ILL Wage Payment and Collection Act.

The employer also tried to fight my unemployment and ended up losing that as well.

When I received the requested copies of the paperwork in my file from both agencies, I found that the employer had perjured themselves by the submittion of a sworn affidavit to the Dept. of Labor containing false statements and contentions.

They also perjured themselves through testimony under oath given during an unemployment hearing that I was not a part of.

When I asked the resident attorney at the unemployment commission, he told me that I needed to file a complaint with the States Attorney General.

michaelcon_98

re: employer commits perjury

My initial visit to the Attorney General's website found only one complaint form used specifically for product/service provider complaints. I stopped there.

I will re-visit the site and look further and call for information if I need to as it seems that I can in fact file a complaint with that office. The statements will be proven as false and also that the employer knew them to be false at the time they offered them up under oath.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">