• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employer recording Video & Audio of employees in the workplace AK

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dan_99503

What is the name of your state?
Alaska

I am exploring a employment issue close to my wife and her friends. They work at a restaurant and the employer has installed 7 video cameras with the intended purpose of monitoring employees. He also wishes to install audio recording for the employees work areas as well.

I know the video is legal bus is the audio? He has notified all of them that he is recording them (both audio and video).

Thanks,

- DanWhat is the name of your state?

Some Random Guy

so long as the employees are all properly notified, it should not fall afoul of the wiretapping laws for their conversations. However, any non-employees may have their conversations recorded. Can the employer say with 100% certainty that non-employees will never be in range of the microphones?

pattytx

The only place they can't legally video is where the individual has an expectation of privacy. That would be, um, the restroom. :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">